Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Washington 2008

My family and I went to Washington in September, we do it every year for the Puyallup Fair and because almost all of my father's side of the family lives there. We went there this year for the Fair and for my father's parents 50th Anniversary which you can learn more about on http://www.godseesandprotects.blogspot.com/.



I will put pictures up and explain them.





At the end of the first day there was a spectacular sunset, this picture doesn't do it justice.





On the morning of the second day our friend that was traveling with us Mr. M was cleaning our windshield of all the bugs we got on it.





Around lunch time we stopped at a park in Northern California and blew off some steam that built up from the 8-9 hours the first day and then getting up and going right into the car to sit and drive for another 5 hours. We were ready to get out of the car and stretch.





Here is Brother K digging in the sand.


Here is Brother S 3 1/2 riding a Spring Tractor.




Here is Brother S 5 (on the left) making an acquaintance.



Here is Sister M being her cute self on a ladder to the play gym.





Here I am stretching before we have to get back in the car for many more hours.





Here is Mr. M collecting firewood for the fire we had that night.




On our third day we went gold panning at a place in Oregon. Mr. M has been telling us about it for 7 years and we finally went there. I will post about that next. There are several photos for that story and this post would get even more clogged than it is now if I added that story too.


Now we are at the Fair. There are a ton of photos for the Fair as well but I can't find them all right now. Here are the ones I could find.

Brother S 5 with Cotton Candy bigger than his head.Here he is again but with a sugar crash.




Here is Sister M wearing Mr. M's hat and glasses.




The next day we went to "The Beach Place" a place my father holds dear to him. He grew up spending every summer out there and enjoys sharing it with us.



The Beach Place


Here is Sister M looking at a flower from the lawn of the Beach Place.

Here is Sister M giving the flower to Aunt M.


Here is Brother S 3 1/2 falling asleep after a full day on the Beach and a big dinner.



He slept here for almost an hour.


On our last day in Washington before we had to start heading home - my Father, Little Brother K, and I went shooting with our Uncles.


Here is my hunting rifle - and my Uncle who is a Gunsmith gave me a scope as an early Birthday Gift for the Hunting Trip we will be taking in November.

This is all I have time for tonight I have to get to the dishes before I fall asleep while standing.

8 comments:

Emily Stark said...

Hello Again!
These are all great pictures. I love to see how big all of your cute siblings are getting! It looks like you had some wonderful memories.

Thanks for taking time to read some of the EtsyGreetings blog. Sometimes I get behind on all of the new updates they have! For MSS, we are donating any Christmas cards from our shops. I am hoping to have time to post more soon!

Well, I am getting ready for my piano lesson. I hope that you all have a great Wednesday!

Jennifer said...

Emily,

You're right about my siblings getting bigger, and we did have some good memories.

Your welcome about reading EtsyGreetings Blog, and I can understand about getting behind on the updates and posts they have. I looked in the history of the blog and there was a post almost every day and sometimes two or three.

I hope you have a good lesson and a great Wednesday as well!

Michael

Jennifer said...

Emily,

You're right about my siblings getting bigger, and we did have some good memories.

Your welcome about reading EtsyGreetings Blog, and I can understand about getting behind on the updates and posts they have. I looked in the history of the blog and there was a post almost every day and sometimes two or three.

I hope you have a good lesson and a great Wednesday as well!

Michael

Emily Stark said...

Hello Michael,
Thank you; I did have a good lesson. My friend recommended this teacher, and I have learned a lot from her already.

Your mom told me about your dad's trip this weekend. Will he get to see Jeddy? I hope so! We will all be praying for him.

~Emily

Jennifer said...

Emily

It is always a good thing when you get a teacher you can learn from. I need to send you all a picture of Mattie trying to play the Piano, I think my mother has your e-mail address.

Our father won't be seeing Jeddy, dad is just going to Port Au Prince (I believe that is how the capital is spelled) to sign some papers. From the capital it would be a small plain ride for a few hours into the jungle then there would be another 40 miles on a mountain road in a car. With dads MS we wouldn't want him to be exposed to possible diseases.
Our adoption worker gets some disease every time she goes, and the capital is a little safer for dad.
I asked my mother if I could go, but I have to be 21 to go to the orphanage, so I just pray that he will be here by Christmas. It all is God's will and we are here for the ride ("Keep you arms and legs in for the ride" -A.K.A- "Don't fall short of the glory of God").

Michael

Emily Stark said...

We would love to see a picture of Mattie playing the piano! I love the picture of her hair in pig tails. Isabelle is just getting enough hair to have those on top!

You are right about everything being in God's hands. I learn that more every day!

I admire your family so much for how useful you are to God, giving a home to so many little ones.

Your mom told me about the new baby boy as well. If you have time when he arrives, we would love to see pictures of him too!

My family says hello!

~Emily

Jennifer said...

Emily,

I just sent the photo of Mattie to your starkfamily e-mail.

If you remember Mattie had slow growing hair as well, in the beginning she had a little hair on the top and side but not on the back because of laying on her back for 7 months. We had to buzz it all off twice to get it to come in evenly.

I Believe that when the new baby comes the only thing I will be doing is holding him and taking pictures of him, so I will be sending you all pictures of him.
My mother told me he was really small, and my father tried to bring me to see him in the hospital but I would have to be a parent or grandparent on our license.

Say Hello back to your Family and that I miss all of you.

Michael

Dawn S. said...

Great pictures! My faves are Sammy falling asleep!!!