Monday, November 24, 2008

November Hunt

My father, brother K, and I went hunting in north/east Washington at our uncle's cabin. We didn't get any deer or even see any in this area, because of a combination of three things: 1. There are a lot of Mountain Lions eating them, 2. Lots of tags given out to hunters the previous year, 3. a disease called "Blue Tongue" which killed a lot of them as well. Even though we didn't have much hunting excitement we had a great time being out in the wilderness and spending time with our uncles and friends.

Here are some pictures from the trip.


Here we are on the flight to Washington.



                  There was an one hour layover in Salt Lake City, Utah, and we got some drinks at a snack bar there.






After we landed in Spokane, Washington we had a two hour drive to the cabin and on the way there, I took this picture of clouds in a bowl of mountains.




Before we could eat or sleep in the cabin Uncle R made us shoot certain targets in the dark.





Here is what Uncle R made for dinner the first night. Seafood Spaghetti, Salad, and Garlic Bread. 






We also had some Deer Sausage before we went to bed.




brother K didn't feel like getting up in the morning.




This is a creek out the back door of the cabin.






Here is us with uncle B.



Here is us with uncle R, he owns the cabin.



Here we are in uncle B's cabin about 1 hour away from uncle R's cabin.




We got checked by the Game Warden and it turns out the ATV decals had expired.
(from left: uncle R, Game Warden, Mr. J, uncle B) 




A tree fell onto Mr. J's driveway and I helped to get it off.




I had a great time with my father, brother, and uncles, but I missed the rest of my family very much and was very happy too see them. After we got back from the hunting trip, my whole family and I went to California to Knott's Berry Farm, I will blog about that next. 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so glad you got to go on this great trip. We sure missed you too and were very happy when you got home. Knotts Berry Farm was way fun. Can't wait to see those photos. =)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are keeping this goatee/beard brother lol nice pictures.