Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Christmas 2007

This is how my Christmas morning started.




It started by me waking up at 7 in the morning, checking on my mom and dad to see that they were snoring and not waking up for 3 more hours. Which in that time I sat and waited and waited and waited, then finally mom and dad woke up, after that we woke up the rest of the family. When we woke up K (my 10 year old brother) he was not feeling good at all, so that postponed the present opening.




~Here is K feeling very queasy~









After about 45 minutes K was feeling a little better so we tried to open presents, as he started to open his first present he jumped up and ran to the toilet, it was a false alarm. We had to wait another 30 minutes before he felt good enough to try opening presents again, same thing happened except it wasn't a false alarm. He was at the toilet when the gravitational force changed direction and everything shot out the top, when mom was on her way in to comfort him, S my 2 1/2 year old brother wanted to see what was going on and mom closed and locked the door so that he couldn't. S Didn't like being locked out at all, so he decided to push over the corner shelf unit by our parents door, which had a candle that was burning all morning on the top shelf. I was sitting on a chair about 25 feet away and saw the shelf unit falling down, so I jumped up stopped the unit from falling over but the candle kept coming. The pictures can tell the rest. I really don't feel like typing a thousand words each=)








The Shelf unit




The Candle

There are pictures of me below, don't be alarmed this is only hot wax not blood













Even Through all that happened, we still had a great Christmas and we appreciated our presents even more but also were able to realize even more that Christmas is not about presents but the birth of Christmas.




Left to Right; S, Dad, M, Mom, K, Me (Michael), S.








3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Michael.. I loved this post. It really looks like a massacre happened at our house. Praise the Lord everyone is well from that day. =) I love Christmas with you.
Love,
Mama

Brooke said...

Hey Michael,

We're praying for your family, I hope we see you guys soon!

~Brooke

Brianna said...

Hi Michael,

I like your blog!
We are continuing to pray for your family, hope we can see you guys soon, tell everyone hugs and kisses from the Marra's.

-Brianna